Wednesday, January 9, 2008
UPDATED:One week down, twelve to go
I finished my first week of training yesterday after taking 2.5 months off. I ended up getting 7.5 hours on the bike and 1.5 hours in the weight room in seven days. I have felt pretty good so far but I have intentionally kept my heart rate down and went through the slow process of getting my arse back into shape. I have twelve weeks to go until I will be doing the Ouachita Challenge. I have this feeling that my friend and team mate Rich may be calling me shortly to team up with him for the Spoke Pony Showdown 6hr duo on March 15 at Landahl Park, we won this event together back in 2006 and he placed 2nd in 2007 while teaming up with Chris Locke. I won't be in the shape I would like to be for the Spoke Pony, but I may use it as a good training day. I have planned a ride starting at dusk tonight on the paved trails at Smithville, first time doing this for me, it should be interesting.......UPDATE: So after getting 1/2 of the way to the trails from work and Jennifer helping my realize that I forgot my HID light's battery on the charger I had to go home. When I finally got on the bike I realized I was way underdressed. For some stupid reason I didn't bring that nice new Cowtown Cycling Team jacket that cost me around $100 and I have never worn. After about 30 mins I stopped and one of the trail crossings and stuffed 4 of the trail maps in my jersey and tights in strageic places to help break the wind. Feeling a little warmer for the time being I enjoyed the ride. This ride was one of those that made me remember why I enjoy biking and all of the endurance sports I have done since I was 14, it is the solitude with the beauty of a great sunset and knowing that you are there all alone, I felt like I owned the lake...... except for the deer and I have never seen so many in my life, I would imagine a minimum of 100 sets of green eyes stared at me as I rode through the night on my return leg of the ride. When I finally returned it was about 35 degrees and my toes, fingers and arms were numb. You may think I am crazy but it was a good time and I can't wait to do it again, hopefully these trails at night remain my little secret, I didn't see another soul on my entire 2 hour ride.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
What are you trying so say? I caused us to get 2nd place last year? Well, actually you might be right about that....
I didn't quite mean it that way, if I remember last year Cycle City beat you guys and they ran some tough lap times. Maybe CowTown can reclaim this class this year.
Post a Comment