
Just finished a cold night ride (34 degrees and 10-15mph winds out of the SW) at Smithville lake with Chris Locke, Rich Anderson and John Harter. We rode longer than expected, somewhere in the neighborhood of 2.5 hours. I started feeling a little tired, maybe it was the lack of any substantial food since 10:30 AM (7.5 hours before the ride start), pushing those heavyweight-slow rollin' Maxxis Overdrive tires or my toes frozen solid. I think I am going to take Wednesday completely
off and recover for a 2 or so hour ride on Thursday night. This weekend looks to be promising for finally riding some trails, since we will be below freezing for multiple days. I spent Sunday night getting my moutain bike up to snuff so I am ready. Saturday looks like a Landahl day with Sunday morning starting out with some trail work at the new trail system in Liberty (Stocksdale Park) and maybe a ride at Clinton Lake afterwards, if not I will probably hit Smithville. .
off and recover for a 2 or so hour ride on Thursday night. This weekend looks to be promising for finally riding some trails, since we will be below freezing for multiple days. I spent Sunday night getting my moutain bike up to snuff so I am ready. Saturday looks like a Landahl day with Sunday morning starting out with some trail work at the new trail system in Liberty (Stocksdale Park) and maybe a ride at Clinton Lake afterwards, if not I will probably hit Smithville. .
2 comments:
Cool pics. You sound busy this week - does your lady about all those plans???
Was it only 34 degrees? It felt a lot colder than that. Heck, I thought it was in the lower 20's by the time we got back. My feet were going numb...
Post a Comment