Sunday, January 27, 2008

JUST SAY NO!!!

TO PLASTIC BAGS

I am reviewing the democratic presidential candidates websites right now to determine how they plan to save our country from environmental ruin. And while they have many good plans that will be, quite literally, a breath of fresh air from the Bush era, I still see no one addressing the issues of American overconsumption and wastefuness - case in point PLASTIC BAGS!

GET RID OF THEM!

BTW, CHINA, the world's biggest environmental offender, just mandated a plastic bag free law. So yes, we Americans are now behind the worst environmental protectors in the world. And my efforts thus far have done little so I am venting.

People, it really doesn't take much effort to bring your own freakin bags - Make a change now! See my link to reusablebags.com to educate yourself about this dirty little secret...and to league of conservation voters to no where candidates stand on environmental policy!

1 comment:

Randy said...

You forgot to mention that several stores (such as Hy-Vee) offer to give you 5 cents back on each re-useable bag that you bring to the store!