Sunday, February 24, 2008

Weekend in review II

So this weekend flew by faster than most for me. I had to get up at 4:45AM on Saturday and work most of the day. I did end up home around 3PM and went directly out for a nice brisk 2 hours on the road, I felt like I had last years legs and ended up cranking 40 miles in just over 2 hours. Saturday night was a waste as Jenn and I lounged around watching TV and me falling asleep by 9PM. Sunday, Jenn's and my last full day off together before she leaves for Austin was a full day. Chris Locke, Dan Gierer, Diego and I rode almost 60 miles. The first 50 miles I felt great, the last few miles I could feel Saturday's ride and my lack of long miles. I have only been on the bike for 6 full weeks after almost a year off, I am way behind where I was when I stopped a year ago and I cannot wait to get back into shape. After the ride, Jenn and I went to Waldo pizza for some great lunch, we ended up doing some hiking around Stocksdale park afterwards, with everything muddy as hell we called it a short trip and chilled for the rest of the night. I have a long work week ahead with a weekend of training races both Sat and Sun.

No comments: