I finally hit a home run with a brew recipe of my own, my summer wheat (yeah made in mid Winter) turned out to be awesome. I planned it out to be a light bodied wheat with a pale ale hop finish, last night was my first taste. I think this will be one of my regular brews. Here is my recipe:
Boiled in 3 gallons of filtered water w/ 1 Teaspoon Gypsum (topped to 5 gal in fermenter)
6.6 lbs Muntons Wheat LME
8 oz Crushed Crystal 40L
8 oz Victory Crushed grain
(grains steeped at 160 degrees for 20 mins)
2 oz Cluster Hops 6.9% AA added at 60 min
1 teaspoon Irish Moss at 30 mins
1 oz Cascade Hops 5.1%AA added at 15 min
0.5 oz Cascade Hops 5.1%AA added at 1min
O.G. =1.051 F.G. = 1.013
We have had quite a few visitors to the blog and hopefully our posts will pick up as Jenn starts her field season in Austin and I start my racing season, we can track all our visitors under "our stats" at the bottom of the RH side of the page, check it out, we can see what city you are from, see map below:
1 comment:
Sorry - not a huge fan of the recent brews - too hoppy and bitter!
I am also disappointed Levi went with Astana, but I'll still root for him!
Post a Comment