Tuesday, February 26, 2008

To Race or not To Race

I had planned on racing last Sunday at the Froze Toes training race in Columbia, I missed it and I am pretty glad, I was able to get a good long ride in anyway. So this weekend I thought about the Spring Fling Crit race in Lawrence on Saturday and the Perry Lake Road Race on Sunday. After looking at the flyer for the Spring Fling Crit, I am not sure it is worth the entry fee and the 1.5hr drive to race for 7 miles. The weather will be nice so I could get a long ride in on Saturday and put some longer miles in my legs for the long mountain bike races I have planned. I have not been able to get the long base miles in yet. Then if I opt out of the spring fling crit and do the long road ride instead, I will probably be very tired during the race at Perry, where again I could skip and get another long ride in instead of racing for a short 20 miles. I am still a Cat 5 because I have always concentrated on the mountain bike, I need to get some road races in to Cat up but I am not sure it is worth it to skimp on my long rides..... decisions, decisons, decisions.....

No comments: