Saturday, February 9, 2008

Harris's Sparrows

So Randy and I have been sick with the flu all week - Randy brought it home last weekend and is now feeling better but I am still recovering. He finally returned to the bike today and I hoped to return to birding...BUT about a mile down the road, when my transmission popped out of 4th gear, I remembered the other reason I hadn't gone out lately. This started again on my way home from Columbia earlier this week. So home again for me. Instead I walked along the greenbelt trail to ID the sparrows I'd seen beebopping around there last week. Mostly tree sparrows and juncos, but sure'nuf I found 5 HARRIS'S sparrows lingering just down the road from me! We've gotten at least one each winter in the yard but not one yet this winter. So probably they've visited and we missed them. Here's to my next birding trip in my new ride -

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hiya!!!! Hope y'all are feeling better! Tell those Harris's sparrows to stop by Elida Dr. in Grand Rapids if they happen to be in north-central Minnesota on their way to the summer home...we have some nice brushy areas and no cats.