Sunday, February 3, 2008
birds before the storm
I birded around Martha Lafite Thompson Sanctuary here in Liberty this morning before this bizarro storm rolled in. Numbers were high but diversity was low. I think I totaled 12 species with the best bird being great looks of a sharp-shinned hawk perched and in flight. Other birds were cardinals, chickadees, juncos, white-throated sparrows, red-bellied and downy woodpeckers, flickers, goldfinches, house and purple finches and flying over canada geese. As to the bizarro storm that blew in - it's 37 degrees and we have a combo of rain, sleet, and snow coming down all at the same time plus thunder and lightening. Randy is really sick - sick enough that I made him sleep on the couch last night! I guess with this weather it's only fitting...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I think my species list was a little less than 12 this morning - too cold! I started my survey at 16 degrees. But I got a sharpie too, and some Mountain Bluebirds and Juniper Titmice. Happy winter birding!
THANKS for rubbing it in!
Post a Comment