Jenn left Sunday morning for Austin to do her research so we hung out together for most of Saturday (except for the MU KU game). In the evening we went to Martha Lafite Nature Sanctuary, we have been members there for a few years and we unintentially met up with the director and his wife to watch the Woodcocks displaying ritual. While we where there we found a cat that was super nice and just followed us everywhere he was very thin and dehydrated but he continued following us and purring as we traveled. I ended up having to hold this guy why watching the woodcocks because he made an attempt to catch one. Long story a little shorter, we ended up taking him home which pretty much ruined our plans for a nice night @ home together on Jenn's last night. His current home is our basement, the decision is left to me whether we are going to keep him but @ a minimum I am going to have him neutered, shots and health check-up on Wednesday. We are keeping him separate from our other guys just in case he has something unfriendly to pass along. So here he is, Jenn named him Bandit, but I have been calling him Bandy for short:
So thinking about what to do if he doesn't work out got me doing some interenet searching and I found some interesting info, I found that there are places to catch feral cats, they will fix them for minimal costs and then release. Better than shooting them or catching them and dropping them off in the country. This leads me to the 3rd part of this post....
Just over a year ago we found a little kitty eating from the garbage can @ Knob Knoster State Park, when we walked up the cat ran into the woods, Jenn slowly managed to coax the cat to her arms from the brush, we took her home and we now have my little girl Tiger, she is awesome and we are attached like a kid and his dog, actually as I write this she is on the arm of my chair, hold on I will get a pic.....
While doing my searching to find out what I can do with Bandit if he doesn't work out, I found this story about a kitten someone else found out on its own.
Anyone that knows Jenn and I know that we love our yard and our birds and we have found at least 5 birds and one cardinal nest destroyed by cats. I have to admit that I have thought about shooting the cats to protect the birds but especially after this I couldn't do it. Hopefully between me and my brother we can get all of the stray or ferals we can catch in his live trap spayed or neutered so the incidents in this story are minimized.
1 comment:
I am very proud of you!
Post a Comment