Thursday, March 11, 2010

Update on Banit

So my sis took Bandit to the vet on Wednesday, he checked out well with the exception of some intestinal worms (get to this in a minute). He is most likely less than 1 year old and a little underweight. She also got him an appointment today to get nuetered (sp?) This week has been taxing spending all of my time @ home each night between spending time with the regular cats, which have been used to Jenn home all day and they seem to need a ton of attention now and spending time with Bandit in the basement. I have felt bad with leaving him in the basement but it just had to be that way to ensure that he didn't give anything to the other cats and thank goodness we did since he had worms. So yesterday the vet said that he had roundworm, my sister said that I could expect to see some worms in his litter box.... she could have elaborated. I woke up this morning as usual and went down to see him for a few mins before work and I found a mess I didn't expect, to put in nicely the wormer worked and I didn't expect to see what I found. I have seen alot of gross things in my life and this would have to be the tops, I feel bad for this poor kitty, he must have had a terrible night, I couldn't believe what came out of his body. Since I got the unfortunate good look he didn't just have roundworms but also tapeworms. I did the quickest clean up I could do and left for work. I got home from work and spent a good 1 and a half hours cleaning up and disinfecting the mess before he got home. He arrived during cleaning and was a little irratible (I would too if the did that to me), the poor cat had a shitload of shots one day, crapped his guts out that night and then got his manhood removed. I am trying not to hold his behavior against him, but I may wait a few more days to introduce him to the other cats. We shall see.....

No comments: