Sunday, February 28, 2010
San Diego (zoo)
Wow, our posts are getting few and far between. Most of that is winter related - we are just not that active this winter. But also very busy trying to complete work and getting ready to migrate to Austin for the spring. I headed to San Diego for a week in early Feb for the American Ornithologists' Union annual conference - you know where the bird-nerds convene! I didn't get to explore San Diego much but I did get to go to the world-famous San Diego Zoo, as well as a couple small birding/beach trips. It was pretty sweet being buzzed by all the Anna's hummingbirds and seeing many old friends, but human and feathered. The San Diego Zoo was pretty fabulous - there were several huge aviaries with dozens of super cool birds. I also saw a baby panda sleeping and its momma chillin' nearby. It is a huge zoo and took all day to see most of it. Totally worth the $40!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment