Sunday, February 8, 2009
Weekend in Review
It seems like the seasons are struggling against each other, last week we had below zero temps only to have 70+ degrees on Fri and Sat. I can remember riding at Smithville trails Wednesday after the sun went down and having to stop early because the 20 degree temp was just too cold for my dress. Then on my day off from riding Friday, we had the 100+ year record tying 70 degree day, winter just wouldn't give in totally and hit us with some 30+ mph winds just to remind us that it ain't over yet. I got up early on Sat and rode 4.5 hours with Dan and the Wheel Cyclery guys, got in about 80 miles, mixed group so the pace varied a bit, in the end it was a nice ride and I was pleasantly tired for the remainder of the day. Jenn and I went for lunch at McCormick and Schmicks, I had the blackened Mako shark, it is just unbelievable if you haven't had it. We enjoyed the sun on the plaza as we sipped a few beers and wine on the deck and we watched all the people stroll by on the Plaza. Sunday morning I awoke early and realized that it was in 20s again, too cold for an early morning ride so I started doing chores, I finally decided to go on an easy recon ride, my name for a ride where I just set off and go exploring. I ended up taking it really easy, exploring some new roads, finding some nice WT shantys and even a new town, Glendale. After the ride, Jenn made her great homemade pizza for lunch and I headed to meet my friend Jason for some skeet shooting. All and all a nice relaxing weekend, lots of rest and ready for the week ahead, looking forward to next weekend!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment