Wednesday, February 25, 2009

last update of Feb

Well I have been pretty busy lately. When I had finally lost hope of getting my permit to band Golden-cheeked Warblers this season, the permit was issued! So I am the proud and nervous holder of a banding permit. With that responsibility came a flood of additional to-dos for federal and state permits and equipment ordering and getting equipment organized. Plus I have been wrapping up work here in MO.



That includes a site visit to Ha Ha Tonka and Lake of the Ozarks state parks last week. Both were nice and I made some contacts. All my techs are hired and sites chosen so the 2nd field season is coming along great.



Jack and Tiger are doing great and looking forward to the spring when the windows are always open! Tiger is a she-devil but sweet as can be. Jack is crabbier than usual this week - I think he is jealous of his little sis - and has been picking on Tiger the last few days. Randy will definitely have his hands full being a single 'dad' for the next few months.



I'm off to Austin at the end of the week, so my next blog will likely be from there.


Here's a cute pic of the 'bears' snuggling:

No comments: