We experienced a 3 day warm-up - FINALLY! It was 65 Thurs and up to 70 degrees Fri and Sat. I met RC out at the trails Thurs to ride with him - but I forgot that the last time I had biked he had put on my reg. pedals to do some birding by biking and hadn't changed me back to my clipless pedals - uhoh. So he continued on and I went home. But RC got my bike spruced up that night and I went out to Stocksdale Park Fri. It was deliciously warm, but also woefully windy. It took me 40-45 mins to do a full lap and another main loop only lap - usually I can do 3 laps in 45-50 mins. The wind was a real drag - literally. The were a few slick spots along the way which weighed me down. I barely made it back across the grassy field biking straight into a 30+ mph headwind. Fun but exhausting.
Yesterday RC went on a 4 hr bike ride so I went over to Martha Lafite Thompson Sanctuary. It was not very windy but there was a lack of activity. I got also the commonest of the common despite walking all the trails. Still a beautiful day to be out hiking!
No comments:
Post a Comment