Monday, April 28, 2008

Brew Fest

This weekend some of my home town friends and I went to the Parkville Brew fest to sample some of the midwest finest microbrews. The event went from 1 to 5PM, $20 bucks to enter and all the beer you could drink from your 4oz tasting glass. It was a great time with probably 2000 people attending, I wound up running into alot of old friends I haven't seen in some time. We finally finished up about 2hours after the event was supposed to close since some of the brewers kept giving out beer, we hung around until it all ran out. My intention was to race the Joseph Sheehan road race on Sunday in Leavenworth but due to Saturdays festivities I didn't get out of bed until after the start of the race. I did end up getting a good long ride in later in the day because I couldn't find anything better to do, I found some cool new roads I had never ridden. The ride was uneventful except for a 3 legged dog that chased me for about a mile, this dog was huge and mean as hell, I would let him just about catch me and then take off again, this went on until he finally gave up. I didn't feel sorry for him at all because I figure he would probably have all four legs if it wasn't for his chasing habits. Not much going on for the next few weekends, Jenn will be back on May 16th and I have signed up for the State road race in Rolla on the 17th, the course is hilly and should suit me well.

No comments: