Thursday, March 19, 2009

Getting into the groove, again....

This week has been pretty good for getting back into cycling. I had basically 1 ride in 4 weeks until this past Sunday. Tuesday was the regular group ride, we hit a hilly route with Curt Shelman and Dan Jordan pushing the pace. I could stay pretty close in the hills but I didn't have that extra gear on the hills like I usually have. Towards the end my right knee cap was hurting badly so I limped back home to Liberty in the dark by myself. Thursday night I joined the wheel group and did intervals at the downtown airport, it was a hard work. I ended up staying with Dan and Curt, we took turns pulling at full effort for 1minute intervals, there was basically no rest, since I had Dan pulling after me I struggled to just to get back in line. I ended up with over 30 minutes straight at over 185bpm heart rate. My knee was hurting towards the end, I plan on taking this weekend easy, hopefully I will be ready for the Oauchita Challenge in a few weeks.

No comments: