Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Last Ride of 2008

2008 was a bad year for me and bikes, I was in awesome shape early in the year but by mid-April I was off the bike for basically the remainder of '08, my old job @ GM, took up 10+ hours a day, I was very unhappy with my job and I couldn't get motivated to do much of anything. I am hoping next year will be alot better, I should be able to work less hours at my new job with ATK. I do have a plan to have more fun riding and not take it too seriously, I really enjoy riding when I don't have to worry about training. For now until spring I have basically committed to riding only 2 to 3 times a week and enjoying the scenery.

Today I went to Smithville lake to ride the paved trails on my cross bike, I wanted to get a ride in because I abuse my body most evenings on New Year's Eve and I don't feel like riding too much on Jan 1st. I ended up taking it easy and rode for about 1hr 45mins, I probably only covered about 30 miles. The temp was about 28 degrees when I started and was still under 30 when I stopped, it was cold but sunny and it is always nice to have the park basically to yourself. I wish I had some nice weather like Chris http://chrislocke.blogspot.com/2008/12/beaches-and-bikes.html, but I guess I have to take what I can get.

Happy New Year!!!

No comments: