The last 2 weekends Randy and I have been training for scuba diving certification. The first weekend was classroom and pool. Then last weekend we drove down to Beaver Lake near Eureka Springs, AR for our open-water skills test. We stopped at Roaring River State Park, near the MO border and adjacent to Mark Twain National Forest. It has a spring
and a trout hatchery
and is doing small amounts of glade restoration.
Plus, despite being so far south, it is only 3 hrs away thanks to Hwy 71, a 4-lane highway.
We also did a short float down the White River. We were suprised at how slow the river was and the lack of impressive scenery considering how rugged and beautiful the surrounding area is.
The it was off to Eureka Springs, a quaint, quirky town of hippies nestled at the bottom of the hills. We dived at Beaver Lake most of the time so we didn't see much in town. We did our deep dive on Sun and made it down to 75 feet! swimming amongst the trees at the bottom was eerie, and I even got snagged on a tiny branch. Randy came to help when he noticed me swimming in place. All in all we both loved scuba diving and can't wait for Belize!!!


1 comment:
Having problems with your photos lately, Jenn- I can't get any of them to enlarge when I click on them....but in their tiny 1 x 1 in. condition, I can see you had a nice time!!!
Court
Post a Comment