On to my day.... I got up and did routine housework during the rain, when the rain let up I hit Lowe's and Home Depot for some yard stuff. I finally got my "Certified Wildlife Habitat" sign up in the yard and did a few other chores.
I checked on my cardinal nest and it had 1 egg still in it, I noticed that she sat on the nest several times during the rain so I was hoping to see more eggs. I checked the nest as I did the yard work and was happy to see that there were two eggs. I did another errand grabbed the camera and came back to take a picture of the two eggs. To my surprise when I got there only one egg was there, I questioned my sanity for a second and called Jenn to give here my confusing news. As we spoke on the phone, this is what I saw
Tomorrow is supposed to be crappy so I figured I would go for a hiking trip and settled on Cooley Lake Conservation Area, I found some cool rock formations (forgot the camera in the truck sorry) and I did see my FOY Blue-Gray Gnatcher & a Hermit Thrush, I got several other birds including a mess of Yellow-Rumped Warlbers & Ruby Crowned Kinglets. I spent about 2 hours hiking around and finally got to pattern my shotgun in the parking lot for Turkey season. BTW I saw two Tom's within 15 yards of me, I could've taken 'em easily if it was season (which starts Monday). This year I plan on getting into Turkey hunting, I already have planned to hunt the next three weekends with my friend Wayne on his parent's farm, he is a seasoned hunter and is going to call them in for me to teach me the techniques, hopefully a post will follow this one with a picture of my first turkey kill. I did some trading with my friend Jason and got a Remington 870 that chambers 3.5" shells, lemme tell you, it packs a punch, I got a good mark from the one shot I used to patter the gun. Tomorrow I have planned to brew 3 batches of beer, two for me and one from a friend from GM to teach him how its done. It is supposed to rain AGAIN tomorrow. Next week is supposed to be beautiful, then rain next weekend, I am sick of wonderful Spring days during the week and rain on the weekends, rainy weather sucks, YO.
Jenn, pics of the flowering bushes as you requested:

1 comment:
The currant flowers are pretty - hope they last a few weeks more. I have seen the other flowers. Take care of our cardinals:)
Post a Comment