I left work today to some wonderfully Spring temps, my mind was struggling between either cycling in the windy weather or doing something else. I got home and after seeing the yard, I made the easy decision to mow and do some more yard work, after I was done with the mowing I thought I would check out my Cardinal's nest to see what is going on, she was depradated this Saturday and 2 out of 3 of her eggs were on the ground and busted, when I looked into her nest I saw:
Thanks to Jenn, I have the most comprehesive library related to birds next to David Sibley, I noted that the average Northern Cardinal has 3 eggs,

this lady is on at least number 5. I hope she makes it, last year a feral cat got a cardinal, maybe her, in the other evergreen.
Jenn, a token cat photo:

1 comment:
great post - hope she makes it this year! Thanks for the kittie pic - they are so cute. Tiger is definitely getting bigger.
Post a Comment