Sunday, March 2, 2008

Saturday = Sunday

This weekend again went by in a blurrrrr. Jenn left early Saturday morning to work in Austin for a few months on her beloved bird, the Golden Cheecked Warbler. I met teammates Chris Locke and Dan Gierer on Saturday and put in 4 hours of good tempo riding into a terrible 28+mph wind out of the SW, the ride ended up being a good ride for me, as I was able to get my heart rate up a little on a longer ride. After that ride I met my friend Jason for some target shooting, he concentrated on the skeet while I got a little practice on the pistols. I was right on with my Ruger Mark III 22/45 target pistol, easily popping cans at 25 to 35 yards 90% of the time. I also finally got to get out and shoot my new Glock 27,
the weapon operated flawlessly and I think it is going to make an excellent concealed carry firearm. My brother and I purchased matching, consecutive serial number Glocks for our carry weapons. Sunday was basically a re-run of Saturday. I got up early again and rode 40 or so miles with Doug Stone, Eric Hoebing, Ashley Blum and Ashley's friend Brent. The ride was basically easy going for the first half and a terrible SW wind ( 30+ avg) again
kept us working hard on the way back. After the ride I met my friends Wayne, Jason and Andy for
more target shooting. I worked on my target aquisition skills with the pistol and threw skeet for them. I really wish I had a competitive shooting club around me, I think I could really get into the sport.



No comments: