Its been a long time since we have posted, probably in part because each weekend we have visited our new property. In the time since the post, we have seen every woodpecker in the state of Missouri, the "Grand Slam of WPs" as Linda put it, had mallards almost land on us in the creek and a bald eagle fly right over our heads. One of the 1st things that I did was put up a gate on the road into the almost 100 acres. My bro helped me out alot with that task. I also bought a Stihl chainsaw and have been cutting firewood. Jenn and I have been enjoying nice fires at the house on the weekends.
This past weekend depite the "Blizzard of 2011" hitting, Jenn and I again went down to the property, we invited a good friend of mine Roger who actually grew up near the place and had spent many nights nearby on the Marias Des Cygnas river fishing. The hiking was hard but we put at least 3 miles on our legs as we trudged through the snow.
Because of the bitterly cold week, the creek refroze and for the first time, we were able to walk (and slide) down a long length of it.
No comments:
Post a Comment