I tried to sleep in on Sunday but the cats got me up around 6am, I got probably less than 6 hours of sleep. I got up, did a clean up of the house: vaccumed the floors, swept the floors, did laundry, dishes, cleaned the kitchen and watered the plants. Then I went to the store for the weekly groceries and stopped by lowes to get some fertilizer stakes for my bushes and tress. Got home and started the yard work. I tilled up about 96 square feet of my garden by hand and mixed in my first home made compost.
After eating I decided to take a walk down the neighborhood greenway to see how spring was coming along. Jenn and I usually pick up some garbage on our walk to clean things up and in that spirit I ended up going a little further as I was getting ticked off from all of the litter. I threw a few cans and plastic bottles on the trail to pick up on my way back, I then found a yellow trash bag in the woods and kept going. By the time I got home this was what I found:
What a bunch of crap that this much stuff was in the neighborhood. After I sorted through what was recycleable this was what was left:
2 comments:
Catching up with y'all since by the time I returned Jenn's call it was her bedtime. Random bits: Good job with the trash, Randy!! - Can you believe our trees are budding out already?? It's a full month early. Not good! - Keep posting garden pics...and beer pics. Maybe it will motivate us to invest in equipment. Already have 2 books on it! - Take care you guys....Court
way to go!!! I am very proud of you!!!
Post a Comment