Sunday, October 25, 2009

OK Hogs

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEgXtgQQbQaKOuZULdSIgP3SOL8pWxSLwv7K2KtK8gOxOxgJ51NxL1o1xMRc3aBAh4zwDCXXIojfni6ubI-4h3ibtqD36wrSJW7Uj-8w_2ZrZ8CSHUhQdqj5Y7DCo2RaoB4DZ1oZK4fqWBU/s1600-h/IMG_0817.JPG

Hunt #1 Fri night -- Had several hogs moving around my stand, they pretty much stayed in the woods chomping on acorns, around dusk I had a nice sow move in close to the stand but she never came into my shooting lane though she got within 25 yds away. I got out of the stand to meet my brother and as I walked down the dark path back to camp I came face to face with the large sow, I screamed at her and ran her off. I really didn't want a run in with her in the dark on the way back. Got back to camp and found that Brian shot a 75# boar out of a ground blind.

Hunt #2 Sat Morn -- Sat in the same stand convinced that the same hog would come back, no deal. Only saw one group of about 7 hogs and they never came within 75 yds. Got back to camp to find Brent shot a 100# sow & Jason shot a 80# boar.
Saturday we went to local bar and watched the TX & OK football game and BS'd with the locals.

Last Hunt Sat evening -- Since Alex and I were the only ones to not shoot anything we got to get 1st pick on where to hunt. I picked the ground blind that Brian used the day before so Brian and I could sit together and hopefully Brian could get some video of the hunt. He and I sat for about 30 mins when a large boar started slowly making his way into the clearing. After about 10 mins he gave me a 30-35 yard shot, I hit him a little foward in the shoulder but the arrow penetrated to his vitals, he only went 30-40 yards and went down. Got back to camp and BS'd with Jason and Brian while we waited for Brent and Alex, just at dusk we heard Alex shoot. My hog went 175# while Alex's was about 75#.

All in all a good hunt and we will likely go back again next year.

My arrow and what was left of my broad head after my shot.


Matt and Cheryl hoisting my hog out of the gator.

Brent and Jason with their hogs.



More dead hogs.


All of us minus Brian, he headed off into the woods before the pictures.

No comments: