Sunday, May 31, 2009

Whats up



Well I have been busy with work and my household duties. On memorial weekend I found a great campground and river that me and some friends went to fish and camp for a few days. The campsite was primitive which luckily kept all the crowds away, I spent Thurs and Friday by myself in the middle of nowhere, I camped, fished and napped for a day and a half in the middle of the Ozarks and only saw a couple of people... It was great and I remembered why I loved to "rough it". The highlight of the adventure was while I decided to float down the river by my camp, I walked about 1/4 mile up river and had my life jacket to bouy me as I floated down, while I walke in about 3-4 feet of water I noticed some peculiar motion in the water in a pool that I was approaching. I proceeded upriver and had a few heads poking up above the water in front of me, in short order I had otters swimming within a few feet of my legs. This is the first time I have seen them in Missouri, I worried about getting bit by them but they kinda just followed my downriver as I floated down.









I fished, napped and fished some more until the rest of the group showed up late on Friday, we drank some brews and settled into the camp fire for the night. It decided to rain on us on Saturday for our float, for the most part it was just a steady sprinkle, we caugh loads of fish I think I was near 30 for the float including the largetst small mouth I think I ever caught ( around 3 lbs). Goggle Eye were numerous throughout the day and we finally reached camp around 8 at night, we cooked some burgers and setteled in for another campfire. The place was great and I don't think that the rest of the group really realized it since that didn't spend much time in the river near our camp.










I have decided that at least every other weekend to go camping this year, next trip will be at lake of the ozarks state park, Jenn is going to join me since that is one of her study sites. I will post some pics of the last trip soon... can't seem to find the camera right now..........

No comments: